9-15-07
I hired a fireplace company to install my new fireplace because the regulations were daunting. I did a lot of research into what size to get for the room, what my neighbors had installed a few years ago, who was happy with what kind of unit, and what I was going to do with mine. I bought one that we could use for wood, although I plan on hooking up a gas line to it. I also did some research into the look of the screens available for this type of fireplace. I was also about this time that Kelley and I had finalized the look and theme of the major interior pieces.
We liked the look of the 9-lite dividers in the replacement windows for the bedrooms that we bought a few years earlier, and the arched tops of kitchen cupboard doors, so we used that as a guide for the interior doors, arching the tops of the room dividers that had no doors. We also finalised the windows, ordered the front door, and all new interior doors for the new AND old house. It was important to us to have the old and the new house look the same.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yes, I agree that if you build on, you aim to have it all look similar. It just looks nicer all around.
Even though I'm not thrilled with the look of the outside of our house, when we changed the carport into a bedroom, we kept all the siding and put it up on the new walls to keep the look the same.
Post a Comment