Monday, August 25, 2008

The Roof Comes Off

6-24-07
Today I started taking off the 2X8 tongue and groove ceiling/roof of the dining room and garage. You can see the exposed beams from the dining room extending into the open space of the new construction. I hired a few guys to help rip off the old tar and rock roof. What a dusty mess. I labeled all the board so I could reinstall it as a ceiling in the dining room, after the second story floor is finished. I plan on putting in false beams to simulate the old beams. I sealed off the rest of the house from the dust as best I could with plastic walls and tape. I worked way better than nothing, and fell short of expectations. I also stapled plastic on the inside of all the ceilings to funnel the dust falling through the cracks in the tongue and groove boards, caused by removing the tar and paper roof.

No comments: