Saturday, August 30, 2008

Plumbing woes

4-15-08

I spent the last many months working on plumbing, along with ALOT of other stuff. Some weeks all I got done was a run to the hardware store. It's getting harder and harder to keep motivated. I contacted a few plumbers to give me quotes on the project, and I asked for some advice while they were here. I learned that if you asked 10 plumbers how to do a job, you will get 15 different answers. Some things, like parts of the drain line, I redid, after learning what framing members I could drill holes through. I also had to move the tank-less water heater from my original location because the city inspector would not allow me to put it in the garage, because of venting distances and logistics. I expanded the utility/laundry closet upstairs to mount it there, which worked out great. I added a circulating pump to get the hot water moving through the system near the points of use (Bathrooms, Kitchen sink, Laundry) and I'm building a push-button and LED light system for controlling it from said locations.




The city inspector also noted that my biggest and most expensive window, which happens to be overlooking the driveway and front of the house, did not meet egress regulations. That means I need to buy another more expensive window 6 inches bigger.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Too bad you can't get Pop Kiester down there. He's fantastic :)

Yeah - we had to prove our measurements over & over again to the different inspectors to show we had the right size window.

Bummer you have to replace one of those up top.

Unknown said...

http://www.pexsupply.com/CategoryPre.asp?cID=363&brandid=

My Pop swears by ProPEX for plumbing. Its amazing and really easy to work with.