Saturday, August 30, 2008

Reclaiming the Dining room


2-5-08
Kelley and I were feeling a little bit cramped having to eat dinners on the coffee table in the living room for months. Since I had built false walls to separate the old house from the new construction, the time came to move them. We had also just received our new dining room set and needed a place to put it. We kept the sideboard, and china hutch in their crates, but unpacked and assembled the table and chairs.

As you can see in the background to the left of the french doors, there is an open door. That is the same door that was our Front/Kitchen door earlier, just reconfigured to it's new home.
I would like to mention, that our house is full of holes at this point. Where the front door is eventually going to go is covered in plywood, inside and out, but spiders and cold air find their way in. Also, another reason the moving of the door was good timing; I needed to run the plumbing across the dining room ceiling to the kitchen sink and dishwasher (which we haven't had in months as well), and there now is a hole in the wall where the plumbing makes it's transition to the outside wall.
I had to remove a window in the master bath, because of the new Front door configuration, so I sealed up the interior of that old window space this week with drywall.
The Front door is on order from Lowes, and should take 4 to 6 weeks to get here.

1 comment:

ronnwaters said...

Bitchen floor.
I've had Lowes send me doors that were the wrong color and size before. Home Depot too. They are dicks.