Tuesday, August 26, 2008

New Roof

10-16-07
As part of the new construction, we are having photovoltaic cells installed on the new second story roof. We had the solar company install the standoffs before the roofers came so it will all be covered under the warranty. I got the plumbing vents done beforehand as well. We went with the 40 year composite tiles in a green color, since we had the edges of the roof line pained green as an accent color to the red siding. The peak of the roof is 28' high.
I also redid the roof over the old part of the house as well at this time, except for the center peak. I removed 3 sets of boards (2') from each side of the peak so I had easy access to the crawl space to do plumbing, gas lines, electrical, and so on. We also replaced the old AC ducts as well.

No comments: